Mercy Chinwo a Nigerian singer-songwriter and actress. Chinwo first came to prominence after winning the Etisalat and Pepsi sponsored Nigerian Idol Season 2 in 2012. Chinwo's father died when she was at a young age. She started her musical career by lending her vocals to musical projects by gospel music artists such as Sammie Okposo, Joe Praize, Buchi, Chris Morgan, and Preye. A year after winning the Nigerian Idols, she landed her first film role in Yvonne Nelson's film, House of Gold starring alongside Yvonne Nelson, Majid Michel and Omawumiamong others. She was also nominated at the 2013 Ghana Movie Awards for best music, original song.
Mercy Chinwo ￼Background information, Native name - Nnenda Birth name Mer
She released her first single, "Testimony" in 2015 which was produced by record producer, Rotimi Keys, and a year later, released, "Igwe". In 2017, she has released 4 more singles as a build up to her debut album.
1. Excess Love : After a long wait by fans, Mercy Chinwo didn’t disappoint but finally unleashed Excess Love . The song is centered on the abundant love of Jesus Christ. It was produced by Dr Roy of Eezee Productions . The production interpretation itself is simply amazing. The song is better heard and experienced than talked about. The less that seven minutes song is armed with a powerful melody that seeks to produce an ethereal sound and create a supernatural ambience to the glory of God.
Be The 1St On The Know
- “Don’t Break My Heart” – DABRYTE
- Four NDLEA officers Killed, Raffles Stolen by Gunmen, at checkpoint in Ondo
- We support Commonwealth’s position on polls deferral, says Australian Govt
- Court docked Housewife over alleged breach of trust
- Chukwu Asked handlers of Flying Eagles to up techniques Toward U-20 W/Cup